This document applies to the website and levels database located at https://vsix.dev/ (not including the wiki at /wiki/ or /w/), and clarifies what kind of information the website processes about users.
First things first
This website is not run by or affiliated with a company of any kind, so:
- There are no "third parties" or "partners" that any personal information is shared with, or that paragraphs would need to be written about.
- No money is made from your use of this site whatsoever, use of this site is free of charge, ad-free and tracker-free, your information is not sold.
- Your behavior or interests are not tracked or data mined here.
Information we collect
The personal data that needs to be collected when you register and use an account on this website is the following:
- A username/display name that you choose
- The numeric ID of the Discord account you authenticate with
- Your email address
- The IP addresses via which you connect to the website
The processing grounds for this information is the following:
- Username/display name: This is used for logging in, and will be displayed to others. It can also help identifying users if needed for moderation purposes. By default your username and display name are one and the same, but you can customize both your username and your displayed name at any time.
- Discord account ID: This is used for logging in, so we don't need to store a password or email address for your account.
- Email address: This is used in case we need to contact you, or in case you need to contact us regarding your personal data to authenticate that you are the rightful owner of the account. It can also be used for moderation purposes, for example in case you need to be banned for violating our terms of service, to keep the website safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- IP address: This can be used for moderation purposes, for example in case you need to be banned for violating our terms of service, to keep the website safe and enjoyable for everyone.
Furthermore, the website can store any information that you voluntarily add to your profile. Any of this information is only used for display in your public profile or for users to find you more easily, and can always be removed by yourself. This information is also not asked for when registering the account. For example, if there is a field to enter your date of birth on your profile, and you fill in your date of birth, then your age may be displayed on your profile, along with a picture of a birthday cake when it's your birthday. If you later want to remove your birthdate, you can edit it to be blank.
As mentioned, information is not shared with "third parties" or "partners", but we reserve the right to share your information with law enforcement where circumstances make it necessary and appropriate to do so.
Your data is handled with care, and measures are taken to minimize the risk of a data breach.
Like any other website, VSIX uses "cookies". These cookies are used keep the user logged in, and to store information such as visitors' preferences.
Removing your account
If you want to remove your account, you can send us an email. To the extent it is technically and reasonably possible, your post metadata will be anonymized.
If you have any questions or requests (for example, you would like to see what data is stored about you), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
VSIX does not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.